Hey guys!! I’m making this post for all of the other students/college students who are like me.
I have a really hard time keeping track of my homework assignments for each class/when they’re due, and sometimes that causes me to get assignments done late because I start jumbling up when shit for which class is due. I know paper agendas are a thing, but sometimes I have projects that aren’t due for weeks, so having when it was assigned 3 pages back isn’t going to help me remember it/keep track of when I should do it.
However! I found this nifty website called myhomeworkapp.com!!!
Basically, you can input your classes/class times, and your homework, and set when your homework is due, and it will sort out when you need to get your homework done, and even tell you if you’re late on any of your assignments. It’s even color coded!
You can even set it to when it should remind you to work on your specific homework assignment, set certain assignments to different priorities, and even highlights ones that are due soon (see the one up there that’s in orange, since it’s 2:30am here, that’s technically due today OTL).
I didn’t even have to make an account, I just hooked it up to my facebook account because I’m a lazy motherfucker!!!!
But yeah you guys should give it a shot if you’re like me and have a really hard time keeping track of homework/when you should work on it/scheduling in general, and paper agendas aren’t flipping the bill.
Evan Vondra (aka Ang) and I headed to the beach and did a much needed photo shoot of my Journey cosplay. We wanted mist but, it had already begun to burn off before we got into it. No matter, alas, I was running around like a proper Nomad
This cosplay took me roughly three months to make, including a one month of eight hour days of sewing. It is made from wool felt and weighs around 20 pounds. Thanks to all the cosplayers who made posts about how they put together their gear! I was able to snag some templates from: http://turnonred.tumblr.com/post/22304756914/okay-that-took-forever-im-sorry-heres-the.
Thank you thatgamecompany for making such a game.
Some harsh but very very true words
When people let me review their portfolios (on career day or open days at my game design school) I explicitly ban them from commenting during the review… …because otherwise they will follow the impulse to downplay everything I see in an attempt at being humble.
"this is an old image…"
"I’m not happy with that one…"
"this is just a sketch…"
"I did this really quickly…"
"there is better stuff on later pages…"
It’s totally understandable to have those impulses. The quality of art is not empirical data and therefore impossible to measure. Good art, bad art, it all comes down to standards. And you don’t want to come off as naive or self-absorbed.
But just don’t do it. Don’t talk yourself down in front of others. In the best case you have someone supportive who now thinks “damn, this person needs to be prepped up all the time. Do I really want to work with somebody like that” or in worst case “now that you say it, yeah, this is kinda lame/rushed/unfinished/lazy, go away.”
You can only submit what you have. If that is not enough, then it’s not enough. Your attitude will not change that. But if it is enough, you can do serious harm by not being confident of who you are now.
This means appreciating what you are able to do right now and have a clear vision of what you want to learn, be confident that you will learn it in time.
This is really important. Eliminate this urge. Eliminate it professionally, when having contact with people in a position to buy your work. Eliminate it socially, when you just share your work for fun. Destroy this urge as thoroughly as you possibly can.
Because when you have done that, you’ll find that you feel at least 25% less shitty about your own work. You lose the urge to do it. You stop reinforcing those negative thoughts, and they retreat. They may never go away completely (although they might!) but this is good practice for ignoring those thoughts flat-out.
Don’t shit-talk yourself. Even if you can’t be SO PROUD, don’t ever try to influence anyone’s opinion toward your work in the negative.
Try to love your work. Try to see what you learned from each piece, even if it’s a failure. If you feel that you learned nothing, appreciate the fact that just spending time on it is honing your skills and giving you valuable practice.
i used to be super not-confident in my own work. When I stopped pointing out the flaws in my own stuff, I felt better about it almost immediately.
I used to think all my work was shitscribble and downplayed it whenever someone asked to see it. But then I started to see significant improvement happen in my work, you know. I actually SAW the improvement happening and I just “I’m getting better and better and I should encourage myself by loving everything I do because it’s all I have to the path of improvement.” And to this day, I just appreciate what I am able to do at the moment because I know that I’m still learning and it’s only gonna get better.
(Of course, sometimes, I downplay my work as a joke because I know for a fact it’s not my best work but hey, I wouldn’t show that stuff off to professionals or buyers anyway. :Y)
So I tried this like 4 times, I have no literal idea if it worked either time but, at this point, I’m just going to make it a post by itself. Bear with me it’s like 2 am.
I spent some time collecting digital painting tutorials and writing out some of my own tips on getting started.
This one shows you the basics of digital painting in Photoshop like getting started with setting up your canvas by understanding resolution, dimensions and PPI (pixels per inch).
This one might be a little harder to follow but it’s got some great tips as well as step-by-step visuals to follow.
Here’s a video that pretty much runs down the absolute basics of Photoshop tools and brushes, etc.
My personal tips:
-Layers. Layers are your best friend. Make new layers for everything. (Sketch layer, lineart layer, base color layer, shading layer, layers for every single different color if you must.) But the only way to make them your best friend and NOT your enemy is to give them a proper name. Always label your layers. They will screw you over if you don’t. Layers save you a lot of hassle in the long run in case you mess something up or want to make changes later on.
P.S. If the version of Photoshop that you’re using has “group” folders in the layer widget, use them. It helps organize all of your layers by category. (Color/shading layers, sketching layers, background layers, etc.)
-Always work big. Considering this is for a class of yours, they’ll probably want you to work big anyways. But my personal canvas sizing preference is always: 30x20 inches (or around there) with a PPI of 300. Which is huge. PPI being how many pixels per inch there are on your canvas. The more pixels, the more detail that can be incorporated. (Also the slower your computer will run but 300 is the standard PPI for printing, so I personally wouldn’t go any higher. It does the job well.) Digital art classes will probably ask you to print your pieces once or twice so PPI will matter. In that case, the literal size of your canvas can almost be anything, what really matters is your PPI. Your PPI is your baby. It determines how far you can go about enlarging your piece for printing if you really must. It is also sometimes referred to as “DPI” as in “dots per inch” (I think) but yeah. You can set all this up when first opening up a new canvas or even in the middle of painting (I wouldn’t recommend changing the PPI during the painting process though. That should be set from the start or at least after getting the rough sketch down.)
-Play around with brush settings. There’s no right or wrong answer to your brush settings. It’s a preference. Learn what each dial does and just have fun with it. I think the location of brush settings varies based on what version of Photoshop you have.
And yeah! That’s pretty much all the tips I have for you for now. Any questions you can always ask. I’m not an expert though. I’m still learning myself. I’ll tell you everything I do know, though. Stay green, kid. :Y
- Sibi: *eats bread*
- Sibi: needs more meat
MAKE ME REGRET PUTTING THIS UP BY BEING CURIOUS AND ASKING ME QUESTIONS.
1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
2. Are you outgoing or shy?
3. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
4. Are you easy to get along with?
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now?
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
15. What good thing happened this summer?
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
19. Do you like bubble baths?
20. Do you like your neighbors?
21. What are you bad habits?
22. Where would you like to travel?
23. Do you have trust issues?
24. Favorite part of your daily routine?
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with?
26. What do you do when you wake up?
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
30. Do you ever want to get married?
31. If your hair long enough for a pony tail?
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with?
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports? What sports?
35. Would you rather live without TV or music?
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
38. Describe your dream girl/guy?
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in?
40. What do you want to do after high school?
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean?
43. Do you smile at strangers?
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean?
45. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
46. What are you paranoid about?
47. Have you ever been high?
48. Have you ever been drunk?
49. Have you done anything recently that you hope nobody finds out about?
50. What was the colour of the last hoodie you wore?
51. Ever wished you were someone else?
52. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
53. Favourite makeup brand?
54. Favourite store?
55. Favourite blog?
56. Favourite colour?
57. Favourite food?
58. Last thing you ate?
59. First thing you ate this morning?
60. Ever won a competition? For what?
61. Been suspended/expelled? For what?
62. Been arrested? For what?
63. Ever been in love?
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss?
65. Are you hungry right now?
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends?
67. Facebook or Twitter?
68. Twitter or Tumblr?
69. Are you watching tv right now?
70. Names of your bestfriends?
71. Craving something? What?
72. What colour are your towels?
72. How many pillows do you sleep with?
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
74. How many stuffed animals do you think you have?
75. Favourite animal?
76. What colour is your underwear?
77. Chocolate or Vanilla?
78. Favourite ice cream flavour?
79. What colour shirt are you wearing?
80. What colour pants?
81. Favourite tv show?
82. Favourite movie?
83. Mean Girls or Mean Girls 2?
84. Mean Girls or 21 Jump Street?
85. Favourite character from Mean Girls?
86. Favourite character from Finding Nemo?
87. First person you talked to today?
88. Last person you talked to today?
89. Name a person you hate?
90. Name a person you love?
91. Is there anyone you want to punch in the face right now?
92. In a fight with someone?
93. How many sweatpants do you have?
94. How many sweaters/hoodies do you have?
95. Last movie you watched?
96. Favourite actress?
97. Favourite actor?
98. Do you tan a lot?
99. Have any pets?
100. How are you feeling?
101. Do you type fast?
102. Do you regret anything from your past?
103. Can you spell well?
104. Do you miss anyone from your past?
105. Ever been to a bonfire party?
106. Ever broken someone’s heart?
107. Have you ever been on a horse?
108. What should you be doing?
109. Is something irritating you right now?
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
111. Do you have trust issues?
112. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
113. What was your childhood nickname?
114. Have you ever been out of your province/state?
115. Do you play the Wii?
116. Are you listening to music right now?
117. Do you like chicken noodle soup?
118. Do you like Chinese food?
119. Favourite book?
120. Are you afraid of the dark?
121. Are you mean?
122. Is cheating ever okay?
123. Can you keep white shoes clean?
124. Do you believe in love at first sight?
125. Do you believe in true love?
126. Are you currently bored?
127. What makes you happy?
128. Would you change your name?
129. What your zodiac sign?
130. Do you like subway?
131. Your bestfriend of the opposite sex likes you, what do you do?
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
133. Favourite lyrics right now?
134. Can you count to one million?
135. Dumbest lie you ever told?
136. Do you sleep with your doors open or closed?
137. How tall are you?
138. Curly or Straight hair?
139. Brunette or Blonde?
140. Summer or Winter?
141. Night or Day?
142. Favourite month?
143. Are you a vegetarian?
144. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
145. Tea or Coffee?
146. Was today a good day?
147. Mars or Snickers?
148. What’s your favourite quote?
149. Do you believe in ghosts?
150. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page? (via alovelyshadeofasphyxiation)
I just noticed on your blog description it says your a film grad and I just wanted to say hi because I just started my first year at college and I'm majoring in cinema and I also love dragons especially HTTYD so hi there friend. :3
Hi!!! Woah, neat!! I really hope you enjoy it!
Here’s a tip?
Not really a tip but hey it may help.If you have any film theory classes, learn everything and anything!! They were well at least for methe most important things I learned while I was in school :)
Plus, there’s some cool theorists who talk about animation and if you’re lucky like I was you’ll get to write your thesis on dragons :)
Best of you luck to you and if you need anything, please dont be shy!!
Haven’t posted a selfie on tumblr
night light makes you look like a baby
3/10 would not bang
im just kidding
youre like a 6
Shit you all suck. Why do you feel the need to make ” those” comments. Tbh she broke my scale. She also doesn’t look like a baby more like a babe and by that I mean a actual human being with feelings.
OMG SOMEONE ACTUALLY GOT OFFENDED HONEY
HONEY ITS OK
THIS IS MY COUSIN AND THESE TWO DUMB BUTTS KNOW EACH OTHER IRL
THIS IS THEIR WAY OF COMMUNICATION
DONT WORRY BAB DONT YOU WORRY
on the other hand thanks for sticking up for my cousin like that, I mean, had the situation been real yo, you coo’ in my book
Haven’t posted a selfie on tumblr
night light makes you look like a baby
3/10 would not bang
im just kidding
youre like a 6
You… can go fuck yourself ;D
If Tumblr doesn’t say anything about the photo in the back looking exactly like her, I might cry.